Newsletter of the Mercurians, in the Society for the History of Technology
Volume 11, No. 1, November 1998
Misreading the Supreme Court: A Puzzling Chapter in the History of Radio
Access Denied: The Beginning and End of the Information Society
Media Ecology Association
If you are interested in:
* the nature, history, and impact of technology, media, and symbol systems
* the study of communication, consciousness, and culture
* technological determinism, media evolution, information and cybernetics
* the study of media codes, media literacy, and media education
* oral, scribal, typographic, and electronic cultures
* the graphic revolution and image culture
* scholars such as Marshall McLuhan, Harold Innis, Walter Ong, Neil Postman, Lewis Mumford, and Jacques Ellul;
then you should know about theMedia Ecology Association.
There is no membership fee at present-all that is required is to register by sending your name, address, telephone number, email address, affiliation, and title to: Sue Barnes, Executive Secretary, Media Ecology Association, Dept. Of Communication & Media Studies, Fordham University, Bronx, New York 10458, <barnes@murray.Fordham.edu>.